Re: BBQ roasted red pepper

Robyn A Frankland <r.frankland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now whenever we have a BBQ I always toss on a few veges to
> roast for later use... eggplant, sweet potato, red and green
> capsicum, pumpkin, large mushrooms, etc.  Makes for
> deliciously interesting sandwiches the next day.  :)

I tried something new at my last barbecue - I used to cut veggies
(aubergine (eggplant), peppers, courgettes (zucchini), onions and
mushrooms) into cubes, then put them on skewers to barbecue.

We made rather a lot last time, so as the barbecue was cooling down, I put
the rest of the veggies on a baking tray and just stuck that on top of the
barbecue grill, and stirred it a couple of times. The veggies turned out
really well for much less trouble than using skewers.

Kate
--
I like red wine that doesn't make my mouth hurt.
Kake Lemon Pugh - http://users.ox.ac.uk/~corp0141/index.html