Nice bean dish

This is a recipe that my boyfriend and I just love.

The Nice Bean Dish

1 15oz can of kidney or pinto beans
1 15oz can of garbanzo beans
1 can rotel tomatoes and green chilies
1 can tomatoes with garlic and onion
1 rounded teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 or 2 bay leaves
1/2 cup of brown rice
enough water to keep from getting too thick

Put it all in a pot and cook covered for 45 minutes.  I stir it
occasionally.

A good breakfast dish is:

Oatmeal Pancakes

1 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1 Cup of Nonfat Buttermilk (I used the dry mix)
Mix the above ingredients and refrigerate overnight

1/4 Cup Unbleached or Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon Turbinado Sugar
1/8 teaspoon Salt (I leave this out)
1 teaspoon Oil
1 tablespoon Oatbran for pancakes, 2 Tablespoons Oatbran for waffles.

Spray griddle of frying pan with vegetable spray.  Cook these on medium heat
to ensure that they are done in the center without burning the outside.

Hope you enjoy these.
Lynne