Re: banana ice cream

I make a pineapple sorbet by freezing a can of crushed pineapple (in juice).
When you're ready to make it, remove it from the freezer and let it sit for
a few minutes or run hot water over the can for 30 seconds or so.  Remove
both ends of the can, push the pineapple out into your food processor, and
blend it until creamy.  Last time I made it I added fresh mango while it was
processing.  You could add any other fruit you like.

Strawberry (or blueberry, raspberry, etc.) sorbet is easy; just use frozen
strawberries.  If you want it creamier, add frozen banana or cold soy milk
(drizzle in while it's processing).  Sweeten if you like, though sweeter
berries won't need it.

Good stuff!

Susan Voisin  voisin@xxxxxxxxx
http://members.xoom.com/veg