RE: Cast-iron cookware

Gloria,
I have cast iron cookware.  It is all I use for just about anything.
The only thing I would warn against is boiling beans in them it isn't
recommended.  You can make baked beans in them but I was
always told not to cook them any other way in cast iron.  I love
cast iron skillets and so forth once you get them seaoned with a
good vegetable oil they don't stick and require very little oil.  Hope
this helps you decide.
Thomas