Cast Iron

I got a cast-iron pot as a gift, and I'm trying
to figure out if I want to keep it or not.
If you use cast-iron cookware, please let me know
why you like/dislike it.  What do you cook in it?
I don't have a clue.

I love my cast iron pans. I would definitely keep it. First you need to
season it with oil. Now don't freak, the oil doesn't saturate the food...you
just wipe it down with oil and let it back at a low low temp for an hour or
so. It makes it so it doesn't rust and it stays pretty stick-free. Then cook
anything you want in it. When you clean it, though, don't soak it. Just wipe
it out in the water quickly, and rinse quickly. If you have to scrub you'll
need to re-season it.

I love camping with cast iron. It holds heat very well so, for example, you
can heat the pan over the fire, remove it from the fire, pop in the eggs or
egg substitute and scramble the eggs off fire. You can also cook veggie
burgers that way.

Look up cast iron on the internet and I'm sure you'll find lots of uses for
them.

Tory Klementsen http://pages.prodigy.net/ms_disney

I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and
not to harm you. Plans to bring you a future and a hope. --Jeremiah 29:11