blueberry pie recipe

I am fanatical about "putting up" fruit for the winter - primarily because
berries are good sources of minerals, the kids live them, and store-bought
ones carry the requisite fungicides, pesticides, and I am afraid of
U.S.-banned chemicals that DOW and ADM export to (Mexico, Guatemala et al) the
2nd world countries that supply the frozen fruit and vegetable market - okay -
off topic)

Berries that are washed, dried on towel and frozen on "jelly roll" pans
(cookie sheets with lips) are bagged and used all year for fruit smoothie
"shakes", pancakes, a terrific "fresh berry pie" and oatmeal.

Some are dried for 36 - 48 hours (approx half-size) to add to muffins and
pancakes (they don't bleed like regular frozen berries).

Recipe for "FRESH BERRY PIE"
adapted from "Hollyhocks and Radishes - cookbook from Michigan's Upper
Peninsula

Notes: This recipe takes about 15 minutes to start to finish (if ingredients
are on hand).  Recipe calls for fresh fruit; I use fresh/frozen depnding on
availability.
Original recipe also called for 4 oz cream cheese, and whipped topping,  where
I use tofu cream.

1/2 c sugar, combined with
2 TBS cornstarch
4 cups blueberries, divided
6 TBS water
1TBS lemon juice

graham crackers or store-bought graham cracker crust

1)  In sauce pan, toss 2 cups blueberries with sugar/corn starch.
2) Add water; bring to boil and cook slowly till thickened, stirring
constantly (takes about 2 - 5 minutes).
3) Take off heat, stir in lemon juice and set aside to cool.

Meanwhile/Then,
4) line bottom of 9-inch dish with graham crackers,
5) spread with tofu cream (orig cream cheese)
6) stir 1-1/2 cups blueberries into cooked mixture
   (Note; if using frozen berries, do this with step 3)
7) pour onto prepared pie crust/on top of graham crackers
8) top with remaining 1/2 cup blueberries and raspberries
9) serve with add'l tofu cream (orig. whipped topping).

Chill, and serve to people of all diets - this is guaranteed to be enjoyed by
beef-eaters and others.

More later as I have time.................

Julie from Kalamazoo - where the heat and humiditiy (and thunderstorms) have
finally subsided).