Re: further modifications to Viveca's cake <grin>

<< Hi,

 << made a cake with great success last week.  This week I made a larger
  version of it to take to my parents for dinner.  Everyone liked it and my
  sister-in-law wanted the recipe.   1 reduced fat yellow cake mix (I only
used
 egg whites and omited oil altogether),  1 large package of vanilla instant
 pudding, 1 container Cool Whip Fat Free.  I made the cake as directed with
the
 above changes and baked it in a 9 x 12 rectangle pan.  Then I made the
pudding
 as directed on the box using skim milk.  I put the cool whip into the bowl
 with the pudding and mixed with the electric mixer.  I poured the
pudding/Cool
 Whip mixture over the cooled cake and put in the refrigerator to chill.  Hope
 you all like it.

  To make this cake even more exciting, drain one medium can of mandarin
 oranges and place in the cake batter and beat until the sections are chopped
 up.  You can also add fresh strawberries or pineapple to the cool
whip/pudding
 icing.  This is what my friends in Chapel Hill call a "pig-pickin cake".

 Diane Hudson-Barr
 Cleveland Ohio
 (FANATICAL Transplanted Tar Heel Fan!!!!!  Go Heels!!!!!)