smoothie/milk sub

I think that subbing for milk is best done on a case by case basis.  I
haven't found one single substance that I like for all purposes, but I have
found great subs for individual purposes.  I like to eat oatmeal for
breakfast, and came up with this as my favorite replacement for milk:

Banana-cranberry juice-tofu smoothie

2 peeled bananas, frozen or fresh (if your bananas are giant, use one)
1 box Mori-Nu lite tofu
cranberry juice
1 teaspoon maple syrup

Break bananas into 3" pieces and put in blender.  Add the tofu, broken up a
bit.  Pour cranberry juice in to almost cover.   Blend, adding more juice
if mixture seems too thick.  Add maple syrup while blending.  Vary the
texture to your preference, I like it at yogurt consistency.  Pour some
over a cooked bowl of oatmeal and swirl in.

This will make a full blender of smoothie, enough for 4-6  bowls of
oatmeal.  I  store the leftover smoothie in a glass container in the
refrigerator, where it often mysteriously disappears :-)   For some reason,
it tastes like a strawberry shake.

You can often buy ripe bananas for very little money.  I buy large
quantities, peel them, break them into three pieces, and freeze them in zip
loc bags.  For those that have had trouble with frozen bananas in their
blenders, maybe it's the blender?  I bought an Oster, which was about $10
more than the others, because I wanted the glass container.  This blender
model seems to have a very sturdy little motor in it.
Anne