Re: Salad Pizza in FATFREE Digest V98 #36

<< Greetings fellow FFers!  A while back someone (can't seem to remember who)
 posted something about a pizza place in NYC that serves Salad Pizza.  I
 wrote it all down but can't find it anywhere now.  Could that person repost
 the info on the place, I think it was in Queens or something.  I'm going to
 the Big Apple on the 20th and would just love to try it.   >>

I never saw the earlier post, and don't know if this is the same restaurant,
but I work near a place that serves something called a salad pizza, La
Trattoria Tribeca. It is at 145 Hudson Street in Tribeca.  212-941-9163.  The
pizza is described as "a round pie w/lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion and
special vinaigrette dressing" and goes for $15.95."  I gotta tell you though,
I've had their pizzas (I usually order a veggie pie without cheese) and
although they are ok, I don't think they are worth a special trip.  There are
better pizzas in New York.

And if you want to splurge and have the best, most romantic and extravagent
veggie meal you've ever had ever, ever, ever try Lespinasse.  I was lucky
enough to eat there around x-mas.  This elegant restaurant, one of New York's
best, serves all the tradtional gourmet dishes, but also has a special prix-
fixe veggie menu for about $80 or so, and it is worth every penny.  Let the
matire'd know you need to watch the fat content, and they'll take care of you.
Fantastic setting, service, and the food!  You never knew vegetables could
taste so good.