Mandy's little friends

Mandy mentioned that she saw some grubs and insects in couscous.  These are not
uncommon and can come from the flour the pasta is made from, or from some other
similar source in the grocery store.  These are more than likely cereal
beatles.  I used to find them in the flour I bought from a small, not so well
ventilated co-op.  The folks at the co-op were not scubbing out the flour bins
between refills.  It is my understanding that these beetles will show up
eventually in flour products if they sit around long enough - (before or after
you buy them).  and that freezing the flour and grains can prevent them from
hatching  Anyone else have better information?  I would like to hear.