ideas on channa dal sources

Hi Josh,

Living in the Bay Area, have you tried an Indian grocery store for channa
dal?
I used to go to one in Mountain View off San Antonio road, and one in
Sunnyvale
on the corner of El Camino and Wolfe Roads.  I am sure there are probably
lots
of Indian groceries in the City and the East bay, too...

For convenience sake, I usually just use garbanzo beans... Jyoti (sp?), the
company that makes canned indian soups/dishes sent me a catalog last year,
and I believe they had channa dal on their order form. It seemed pretty
expensive
to me, though...  Sorry I don't have more detailed info.

-  Kelly Carney