Sweet Potatos

 I, too, love sweet potatos and find that a good savory combo with them is
curry!

Here is my recipe for curried sweet potato cakes with chutney- not
sweet 'cakes', more like thick pancakes:

Curried Sweet Potato (Pan)cakes with Chutney

2 large sweet potatos
2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon curry powder - or more to taste
1  teaspoon cayenne - more or less to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 green onions (scallions)
1 cup whole wheat flour
cornmeal
chutney

Wrap sweet potatos in Al foil and roast till done (45min?) in
a 375 degree oven.  I sometimes do this while the oven is
on in the evening, then store them in the frig for use the
next night for supper.  Peel and mash and combine with the
egg whites, curry powder, cayenne, salt, and
minced green onion and then stir in the flour and baking
powder.  You might want to add a little more flour if the
mixture is too runny, but it will be really soft.  Put a layer of
cornmeal on a plate and plop about 1/3-1/2 cup of the
mixture on it and flatten.  Use a spatula to flip and coat both
sides with cornmeal.  (Use lots of cornmeal to prevent
sticking!).  Use the spatula again to transfer the cake to a
"pam"-sprayed cookie sheet.  Bake them at 375 degrees
for about 20 min, turning once to brown both sides.
Serve them with your favorite chutney-from-a-jar and rice or
noodles.
This will make enough for two hungry people- 3 to 6 cakes
depending on the size of the potatos and how big you make
them.

Another, similar-tasting sweet potato dish:

Curried Sweet Potato Dip with veggies

3 large sweet potatos
2 tablespoons curry powder- or to taste
3 minced green onions
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream (optional)

Roast the sweet potatos, peel , mash and let cool.
Add the curry powder, cayenne, (and the sour cream
if you want a creamier, looser dip).  Spread into a
serving bowl and sprinkle with the green onions.
Serve with blanched asparagus spears and red
bell pepper strips for dipping.
This dish is very colorful and a great addition to
a buffet or picnic party.

Keep the great ideas coming!
Pam D