Kale and Collard Greens, Mint and a Recipe

Hi....I joined an organic farm co-op and every week I get 1/2 bu. organic
vegetables.  I get an awful lot of greens(kale, collard, turnip, beet, swiss
chard).  I have used the two casserole dishes I have, have tried steaming
them(so bitter that I threw them out), tried cooking them with various spices
and sauces and did the same thing....just too bitter.  Does anyone have any
recipes they could share?
I also got fresh mint this week, and apart from garnish and tabouli(sp), don't
have a clue what to do with it.  I was thinking maybe a herb vinegar would be
good since I substitute vinegar for oil in all my recipes(when I saute).
Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a wonderful bean salad that is served in Joe Muier's Restaurents in
Michigan(or it was many years ago).  My father begged the owner for the recipe.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                     Joe Muer's Bean Salad(Crockpot)

Recipe By     : Joe Muer's Restaurant
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:10
Categories    : Crockpot Recipes                 Salads
                Vegetable Side Dishes

   2      C             Great Northern Beans -- dried

                        Salt And Pepper -- to taste
                        Vinegar -- to taste
     1/2  C             Parsley -- minced
     1/2  C             Onions -- minced

IMPORTANT RULES:
1. Beans MUST be started in COLD water without presoaking.
2. Cook beans slowly, adding water as necessary.
3. Retain the water in which the beans were cooked--DO NOT DRAIN.
Wash and pick over beans and place in crockpot.  Add cold water just to cover.
Check frequently and add water as necessary to keep just covered.  Cook on low
heat.  Test beans occasionally for doneness by pinching a bean.
When just soft, they are done.
When cool(important), add dry ingredients with vinegar mixed in last.  Add
small amounts of vinegar at a time, tasting as you go.
For future use, the cooked beans can be reserved in their own juice in the
refrigerator without the seasoning and vinegar.

Joan in  Bangor, WI