	  Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 23:41:34 -0400 (EDT)
	  From: Marianne Cowley <mcowley@xxxxxxxxxx>
	  Subject: Re: pumpkin butter

	  I picked up _Light Muffins_ by Beatrice Ojakangas at the library the
	  other day... and it has a recipe for pumpkin butter (I've only scanned
	  the book... no review yet :) ...

	  Fat-free Spicy Pumpkin Butter

	  1 cup fresh or canned pureed cooked pumpkin
	  1/4 cup sugar (was originally 1 cup...jayne)
	  1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
	  1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
	  1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
	  1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
	  2 tablespoons lemon juice

	  Combine all in a glass bowl (for microwave) or nonreactive saucepan (for
	  stovetop).  Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring twice, or, on
	  stovetop over medium-high heat, stir until boiling and continue to boil 5
	  minutes, stirring constantly.  Cool.  Store, refrigerated, for 4 to 6 weeks.

	  Makes about 1 1/4 cups.

	  Per (1 tablespoon) serving:  40 cal, 0g fat, 0g fiber

	  In a note above the recipe, she says she likes to spread whole-grain
	  muffins with nonfat or lowfat cream cheese and then top them with pumpkin
	  butter - the combo tastes like pumpkin pie.

	  Enjoy :)

	  Marianne