stuffing

I don't know why, but half my email didnt make the digest:  If this doesn't
work, I'll try attaching the recipes again.

Notes for  zucchini (lost during first submission)
I omitted thetablespoon of  oil, and 1/2 pound of meat from the original
recipe - used 2 slices Gilmme Lean sausage flavor mixed with one frozen
package lite tofu, defrosted and drained and shredded instead of meat.  Either
firm or extra firm tofu would be ok.   I ended up with a small - 1 1/2 cup
casserole - of leftover stuffing the second time I made it.

 Broiler would give a nice crust, but I'm lazy.
This is the second half of the submission:

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Provençale Stuffing

Recipe By     : Dee Bell, modified by Pearl Teller
Categories    : Stuffing                         Low Fat
                Vegetables

     3/4  cup           onions -- chopped
   2      large         cloves garlic -- minced
   1      large         peeled tomato -- coarsely chopped
   2 1/2  tablespoons   chopped fresh parsley
   2      teaspoons     chopped fresh basil
   1 1/2  teaspoons     chopped fresh thyme
     1/2  teaspoon      salt
     1/4  teaspoon      black pepper
     3/4  cup           bread crumbs, seasoned
     1/4  cup           Parmesan cheese, -- grated
                        non-stick spray

Peel tomato and coarsely chop. Set aside.

Spray skillet with non-stick spray and heat to medium heat and sauté onion and
garlic for about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato, herbs and seasonings. Sauté for
about 4 minutes or until wetness evaporates. Remove from heat and stir in
bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.

Stuff parboiled cabbage leaves, whole tomatoes that have had the pulp scooped
out, or zucchini or eggplant that have been half-baked. Top with more Parmesan
cheese and bake for 15 to 30 minutes depending on the size and quantity of the
stuffed vegetable.

Yields: 1 cup

NOTES : Tomatoes, garlic, herbs, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs for stuffing
a variety of vegetables.

After sauteeing for about 3 minutes, I I added 1 frozen, defrosted, shredded
packaga of light tofu mixed with 2 slices of Gimme Lean sausage flavor,
shredded.  I also added a little - maybe 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sage..