Re: soymilks

Kelly wrote:

> I like it OK, but it is thinner for cereal than I like, so sometimes
> I do get the Westsoy Plus Lite (lowfat).  What I cannot find is the
> Westsoy Plus in Nonfat, only lowfat.  The Plus has added
> vitamins & minerals that milk would usually have (like calcium & vitamin
> D).
>
> I am a little worried on not getting enough calcium otherwise...

This morning I made chai tea using Westsoy Nonfat vanilla with calcium
and vitamin A and D added.  To give the soy milk more body, protein and
calcium I added 1 or 2 tablespoons of "Better than Milk" Lite dry powder
with 50% daily value of calcium in every 2 tbsp. serving and .5 gram of
fat.

Just checked my boxes of soy milk and the Westsoy Nonfat has (per 8 oz.
serving):
calcium 20%, vitamin A 10% and vitamin D 25%, 0 fat and 3 gm. protein.
The Westsoy Plus has: calcium 35%, vitamin A 10%, vitamin D 25% and
vitamin B2 25%, and 4 gm. fat and 6 gm of protein.  Not much difference
in vitamin percentages, but a lot more fat and significantly more
protein in the Plus.  Adding dry soy milk to nonfat will boost the good
guys:
calcium, protein, body and taste without adding any fat.

Anybody know the isoflavone values of the different kinds and brands of
soy milk?

~Sandee
 adritter@xxxxxxxxxxxx