Passover stuff

I found some ff recipes, both using farfel, for the upcoming holiday.
One is a dessert and the other is a side dish.  Hope these are useful!

Mushroom Matzo Farfel Pudding (serves 8)

1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (I used canned 'shrooms once, and it was
disgusting.  Use fresh!)
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 med. onion, chopped
4 cups matzo farfel
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 egg whites

Preheat oven 350 F.
Saute celery and onion in a bit of water 7-10 min until soft.  Add
mushrooms and saute until done.
Cover the farfel in warm water and soak for a few minutes until softened.
Drain well.
Whisk egg whites until slightly frothy.  Combine with the veggies and farfel.
Bake in a sprayed 8" pan, covered, 30 min..

Farfel Kugel (serves 4)
1 cup matzo farfel
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup sugar
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
2 large apples, grated
lots of cinnamon
touch of nutmeg

Preheat oven 375 F.

Combine the water and farfel.  Add the sugar, spices, and apple.  Fold in
the egg whites.  Pour into a small sprayed baking dish and dust with a bit
more cinnamon (or perhaps a cinnamon sugar combo...the dessert isn't overly
sweet.)  Bake for 45 minutes.

Sharon

Sharon McCleave  M.R.O., M.G.O.
Reg'd Osteopath

Ontario Osteopathic and Rehabilitation Centre