kombu

<< For those who are not allergic to any form of MSG, kombu brings out
 the flavor of the bean and perhaps cuts back on some of the less
 pleasant effects of eating beans.

 Kombu is a source of glutamate, that's why they make beans taste
 better.  If I'm out of kombu in my kitchen, I just don't cook
 beans...but I'm never out of kombu. >>

Does this mean that if MSG makes me sick and gives me migranes, kombu will
too? Can someone confirm this?

-Rosemary