Energy Bar recipes, vegan

A few days ago a couple of people posted questions about energy bar/power bar type recipes. It got me interested because I'm trying to interest my teenagers in something other than doughnuts and sweet cereal for breakfast.

I took several "granola" type recipes from the SOAR archives online, reviewed the ingredients in a power bar, and came up with a hybrid that works more like a Cliff bar brand (if you have access to those, they are more grain than sugar, unlike the Power bar brand, that is more sugar than grain.)

If you email me, I'll send you the two recipes (Oatmeal Raisin and Chocolate.) I'm not posting them because they ended up being 13% and 16% calories from fat due to a small amount of nut butter used in the recipe, and therefore don't make the cut for the standards for this list.

I will say, my fourteen year old took all of them with her this morning, and I've made three other batches and I'm having a hard time keeping them in the house. Maybe I've struck paydirt with the kids here! And these are from kids that scoff at anything that I make because I use whole grains and I'm vegan. So, it is either high praise for my improvisation or they are easily sold by marketing ploys like calling a candy bar a power bar.

So, if you are interested, let me know.

--Charisa