Christina Pirello's cookbook

> I just want to thank the person who sent in the web site info
> for C. Pirello.
> Even though I don't live in that area the information at the site is very
> good.  Perhaps others might want to check it out--good recipes, and
> macrobiotic information.  I have ordered her cookbook,

I bought the cookbook when it first came out. I like it, but I should
caution:

1.) It isn't traditionally macrobiotic, so if that's what you are looking
for, this probably isn't the book for you. Christina does use nightshades
and some other no-no's for strict macrobiotic followers.

2.) It does use some oil. The amounts are usually in fairly small amounts
(and easy to sub for), but you may want to take that into consideration.

3.) Macrobiotic cooking generally isn't very spicy. I don't just mean hot,
but anything that is considered a stimulant (including mints, for example.)
The first thing I cooked from this book was very flat for me (given that I
was used to a ton of spices.) After a while, I got used to it, and now I
like it. But that may be a problem for some.

I hope I haven't totally discouraged people, because I happen to love the
cookbook. It's just something to be aware of.

If you want to learn more about macrobiotics in general, you can go to
http://www.macrobiotics.org

Patti