cream sauce

hello to all.  I have never tried making a creamy sauce and am looking
for recipes.  I would like to make one with soy milk.  If I cook the soy
milk will it get thick on its own or could I add rice flour.  Would this
thicken and would it taste good and/or any other suggestions would be
appreciated.  I would only be interested in vegan.

Hope everyone in the New England and Boston area is enjoying this
magnificent weather.

Karen