Re: interrupted recipe

I don't know what happened but my mail was sent before I was finished-weird.

I sent the previous recipe with spinach and was typing one with black beans.
so let's try again. Adapted from Vegetarian Times Vegetarian Entertaining.

Feijoada (Brazilian Black Bean Stew)

3 cans black beans
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 large onion, diced
2 large green peppers
1 cup canned diced tomato
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 medium potatoes, chopped
4 carrots, diced
2 teaspoons dried lemon thyme (or any dried thyme)
3 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons salt or to taste
1 teaspoon pepper or to taste

In a large saucepan, saute vegetables over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Add beans and their liquid and 2 cups of water plus the thyme, cumin, and salt
and pepper. Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring ocassionally, for 50-60
minutes. Serve over yellow rice.

Yellow Rice

2-1/2 cups basmati or jasmine rice
5 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 teaspoon turmeric

In a large pan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. cover and reduce
heat to low. cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 10-12 minutes. Remove
from heat and fluff. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Makes about 5 cups.
Enjoy, Jan Bennicoff