Marinated Baked Tofu

Last evening we tried Jan Gordon's Marinated Baked
Tofu, posted the other day here.  It was DELICIOUS!
Being the lazy impatient sort, I cut the marination
short, but it didn't matter; it was still sooooo tasty!
I used 1/4 c. sherry and 1/4 c. soy sauce, and grated
about 1 inch of fresh ginger and 2-3 (I forget!) nice
fat cloves of garlic directly into the liquid.  I cut
the block of tofu (the fresh, extra-firm kind)
crosswise into about 7 small "cutlets", and laid them
into a Pam-sprayed baking dish and poured the marinade
over them, lifting the edges to let it run underneath
too.  Then I stuck the pan in the oven at 350 for about
45 minutes, just as Jan said.  (See, SOMETIMES I follow
recipes!) :-)  I turned the tofu pieces every 10
minutes or so.  They soaked up all the liquid and
tasted wonderful.  Served with canned (lazy again)
sweet potatoes and canned corn.

Mmmmm, now I want the leftovers for dinner....Thanks
for a keeper, Jan!

Ruth

Ruth C. Hoffman     ruthhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel
Proust