Re: searching for evaporated milk substitute

>Well, the suggestions for evaporated milk substitutes that  I've been
>given so far all involve non-fat dry milk powder which I also can't
>find here.............  so any suggestions NOT revolving around that
>would be fine. I suppose in desparation I could use rice milk powder,
>which, oddly  enough,  I discovered in a health food store here.
> Thanks,    Sharon

Hello...Can I ask the importance of the evaporated milk? Is it vital
or perhaps instead of finding a substitute for the evaporated milk,
could some other change be made.  Just wondering, because we make our
pumpkin pies with the MORINU lofat extra firm tofu and this replaces
both the eggs and the evaporated milk in the recipe.

Bye...Elizabeth