RE: FATFREE Digest V98 #323

Sharon wrote:
> Well, the suggestions for evaporated milk substitutes that  I've been
> given so far all involve non-fat dry milk powder which I also can't
> find here.............  so any suggestions NOT revolving around that
> would be fine. I suppose in desparation I could use rice milk powder,
> which, oddly  enough,  I discovered in a health food store here.
>  Thanks,    Sharon

Sharon:

I actually saw a recipe last night that called for evaporated skim milk
OR rice milk. So I guess, according to these folks, you could
interchange them without major pain.

Also, I don't know if they sell this anymore, but one of the soy or rice
milk manufacturers used to make a condensed soy or rice product. You had
to add water to use it. It came in a carton, just like regular rice or
soy milk.

Patti