request Thanksgiving recipes

Hello,

My name is Danielle and I have been lurking on the list for awhile now. I am
looking for some vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes that I could make for
myself that my carnivore family would be willing to try also. Just simple
things, I am not much of a cook and nothing with really strange ingredients
I love Tofu, but my family does not. They will be eating Turkey, etc. and
they usually make me beans, mashed potatoes, etc. I would like to make some
more interesting side dishes this year that I could eat as my meal and my
parents and brother would be willing to try as a side dish. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated. Also, they just found out my dad is a Diabetic
so if anyone has any traditional Thanksgiving deserts or other recipes
suitable for a
diabetic please pass them on.

Danielle