Pasta & fat

Hi - I'm usually just a lurker but I do have a couple questions that I
hope you can help me with.  I used to buy soy cheese and then notices
that it had the same amount of fat as
regular cheese.  Is there any nutritional difference between the two
cheeses??  The soy
cheese costs so much more that if there really is no nutritional
difference I can't see
spending the extra $.

Also my husband was talking to a friend who said his doctor advised him
that regular
pasta and potatoes can increase your cholesterol.  Has anyone heard this
before -
and I'm wondering if this is true if wheat pasta would do the same.  Any
info on
either of these points would be greatly appreciated.

Toni - from cloudy Milwaukee