Re: Dehydrator

I'm glad to hear Robyn has had such a good experience with the new
dehydrator!  I need to buy one -- it is so handy to have both fruits
and dried vegetables dried, for longevity and transport and such.

I have a question -- have you tried eggplant?  I found dried eggplant
in the local market here in Antibes, France, and it is delicious !!!
They put quite a bit of salt, but after soaking and draining most of
it disappears.  Also, they are quite chewy.  I like this characteristic,
but I would like to know how to make them softer after dehydrating too.
I had no idea one could dehydrate eggplant!

Ellen
Current (September 21 - November 4 1998):
Cadence Design Systems 		04 92 28 28 55 (office)
Parc Haute Technologie		04 92 28 28 93 (FAX)
Immeuble 17-18			Outside France: dial 33, omit 0
694, Avenue Docteur M. Donnat	ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx
06250 Mougins FRANCE

Permanent:
Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	1 510 647-2807 (office)
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	1 510 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen