The best part

The best part of waking up is, well, WAKING UP!

The second best thing is figuring out what to eat for breakfast -- you DO
eat breakfast, no?

One of the most delightful and simple foods I make is cracked whole wheat.
Unlike whole wheat berries, they don't have to be soaked overnight.

I still follow the basic recipe that was on the label the first time I
bought the versatile whole grain: 1/4 cup of cracked wheat to 1/2 cup plus 2
Tbs water.

Microwaving is my personal choice for cooking cereals, I can be doing
something else and don't have to watch a pot on the stove. It just takes
five minutes in my microwave.

If you've never tried this VERY low fat breakfast delight, you'll be glad
that you started.

One word of caution: sometimes what looks like fat boils up to the side of
the bowl in which your are cooking.  It's just what I take to be gluten that
has boiled out.

Have a FUNtastic weekend, all!

Beverly Kurtin
Bev's Cooking 'n Eating Show