Swiss Chard

For an easy way to eat it plain try the following:

Wash and cut or tear leaves from stems. Slice stems 1/4" and leaves in
about 1/2 inch slices.
Saute a small onion in water or broth and add the stems. Cook about 5
minutes on medium to medium low heat. Then add the leaves and cook about 5
minutes more (the leaves should still have water on them). Season with your
favorite seasonings and add about 1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar before serving.

You can really substitute swiss chard for spinach in any recipe.

Hope this is of help. (If I can find my recipe using fennel, I'll post it
later.)
Patty in AZ