re: sugar-free jam

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 Sophiscot@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I am looking for a recipe to make sugar -free jam or jelly similar to the all-
> fruit spreads you can get in the supermarket. Does anyone have any ideas?
> thanks
> regards
> sophie
> an aussie in LA

I have used Ball Low/No Sugar Pectin (available in supermarkets with
canning supplies) to make low sugar jams.  (1 cup sugar instead of the
usual 5 cups sugar).  You can omit the sugar entirely or substitute
artificial sweeteners--directions are included in the package.  This will
make either canned or freezer jams.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)