Re: Rice

If you want something quick to replace your instant white rice,
you might try Quick Brown Rice.  I believe the one I buy is made
by Lundberg.  It's more expensive than regular brown rice, and
tastes a little different, but it cooks in 12 minutes as opposed
to 45 for regular brown rice.  It comes with various additions
and flavorings but I always buy the plain.

If you have a rice cooker or you don't mind waiting 45 minutes,
experiment with the different kinds of brown rice and decide
what you like best.  My staple is short-grain brown rice, which
cooks up a bit sticky--which you might not like if you like
the instant white rice.  Long grain and basmati brown rice
tend to stay more separate.

Jane Colman