Indian spinach

Subject: Recipe - Saag or Indian Spinach
I'm on a roll. This is adapted from Madhur Jaffrey's book on
Asian vegetarian cooking. Heavily adapted, I might add.

1 inch cube of ginger
6 cloves of garlic, peeled
1/2 - 1 fresh hot green chili (optional)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp garam masala (available in Indian markets)
1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
20 oz spinach, fresh or frozen
3/4 cup mock cream (recipe follows)

If using frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze out excess water.
Process ginger, garlic and chili with 1/4 cup water in a blender
or mini food processor until a smooth paste. Mix in garam masala.
Saute over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, adding additional water
if needed to prevent sticking. Stir and check often to prevent
burning.
Add spinach and cook for 15 minutes over low heat.

Add mock cream and  cayenne and milk. Cook for 10 minutes.

Mock Cream (from the Frugal Gourmet)
1 cup skim milk
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese

Blend until smooth in the blender. Use as you would cream.

May your neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And heaven accept you.

Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going!"
~ stay tuned and stay in touch ~~