Chickpea Koftas

I copied this recipe I believe from the fatfree list some time ago,
I'm sorry I lost the author name.  I just got around to trying it
and it is WONDERFUL !!  It is a VERY tolerant recipe too.  I made
1-person portions, which means my relative ingredient portions were
probably way off.  Day 2 I ran out of yogurt and used milk.  Also
didn't feel like using the food processor so I crushed the chickpeas
with a fork and stirred the rest together with a spoon.  Day 3 I ran
out of potatoes and used dried.  The one instruction I recommend
following for sure is to flatten and flip them half way through the
baking.

These are **really ** great, try them!

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              Chickpea Kofta

Recipe By     : FF list
Serving Size  : 10   Preparation Time :1:00
Categories    : Beans

   2      cups          cooked garbanzo beans
   1      medium        baking potatoes -- cooked and mashed
     1/2  teaspoon      coriander -- * see note
   1      teaspoon      paprika
   1      teaspoon      ground cumin
     1/8  teaspoon      cayenne pepper
     1/4  teaspoon      salt
     1/2  teaspoon      baking powder
   2      Tablespoons   nonfat yogurt
     1/4  cup           chopped cilantro or minced parsley

Process chickpeas in food processor until texture resembles coarse
bread crumbs. Transfer 2/3 of mixture to a mixing bowl along with
mashed potato. Set aside.  Add to the remaining chickpeas the
following and process until smooth: all of the dried herbs, baking
powder. Add this paste to the mixing bowl along with the yogurt
and cilantro. Mix well.

Drop spoonfuls of mixture on sheet like cookies.  Makes 15-20.
Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes.  Flip them about half way through,
flattening with the spatula before flipping.  Let them cool a bit
and remove carefully.

Ellen

Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	1 510 647-2807 (office)
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	1 510 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen