re:dry rice

Debee asked about making rice that is dry and seperate...

I toast my rice in the pan before I add the water.  This helps keep the
rice from getting gummy and gives it a very nice flavor.  I just put the
rice in the pan and heat it over med-high heat.  I shake the pan around
until the rice starts smelling kind of toasty and then I add the normal
amount of water and cook as always.  This works on brown and white
rice.  It may not give you rice that is as dry as you are looking for,
but it will give you rice that is seperate and not all globbed together.

--
peace and carrots...

Kristin