Holiday Lentil Loaf

> Hello:
> I haven't been here for awhile, so I apologize if this
> has been asked but... does anyone have any interesting
> ideas for Holiday food?  I was thinking of something
> completely different such as Indian food, Saag aloo or
> something with chick peas and curry.
> Any other ideas anyone?

I tried this holiday lentil loaf for Thanksgiving.
It didn't stay together the first day I cooked it, but after a night in the frig, it sliced quite nicely.
I found it over at www.vegweb.com

Holiday Lentil Loaf

1 small onion
1 clove garlic
2 stalks celery
2 tsp sage
3 cups cooked lentils
3 cups cooked wild rice (or mix of brown & wild rice)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup ww breadcrumbs
2 TBS vinegar (balsamic is awesome)
2 egg equivalents
2 TBS ww flour
salt & pepper

preheat oven to 350F

Chop onion and celery finely, and crush the garlic clove. Spray a fraying pan with non-stick spray, and saute the onion, garlic and celery until onion is translucent. Add the sage. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and fill the loaf pan with the mixture. Press down. Bake 30 minutes covered, 10 minutes uncovered. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.

(I ended up baking it for an hour or so.  For the eggs, I used flax goo:  Grind 1/4 c flax seeds into a powder in the blender. Combine with 3/4 c water. 1/3 c equals one egg. Refrigerate what you don't use, but use within 24 hours as it does not keep well.