Re: Wonderful people and wonderful recipes

Phil wrote:
>* Does anyone know why it is good to eat flax seed?

Basically, our bodies need both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.  Usually
vegans get plenty of omega-6, but less of the omega-3.  Omega-3 may also be
depleted in our bodies by too many hydrogenated oils and animal products.
Flax seed is high in omega-3's, so just a little a day can make up for the
imbalance.  Dr. McDougall has a website about fatty acids at
http://www.drmcdougall.com/efa.htm .

Hope this helps!

Susan
Susan Voisin  voisin@xxxxxxxxx