recipes wanted: red cabbage; lettuce soup

Hi.  I bought a beautiful red cabbage at a farmer's market on the weekend.
What do I do now?  Any recipe ideas would be appreciated.

I also harvested 2 HUGE heads of leaf lettuce from my garden...just as
they were stalking up to go to seed - still usable.  I remember hearing
somewhere about lettuce soup.  Any recipes?
Thanks.
Barb b in Victoria, BC Canada