Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #159/Miso

In a message dated 6/11/99 7:22:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 And for the miso -- I've never used it before and never really payed
 attention when it was discussed here and elsewhere... Does anyone have any
 great recipes? ideas? uses? Surfing the net or archives is difficult for me,

 since the phone costs are so outrageous here...

Heres a simple and delicious Miso Soup..
 Miso - Squash Soup
INGREDIENTS:
2 Cup Winter Squash (Butternut, Buttercup, Delicato, Hokaido etc.) - cubed
   (peel only if not organic)
1 Onion, - medium dice
2-4 pieces of Wakame ( sea vegetable  )
4-5 Cups of Water
1-2 Tablespoon Dark/Mugi/Red or  Genmai  Miso - to taste
Sliced scallions for garnish

PROCEDURE:
1.  Place Squash, onion, Wakame and water in a saucepan.

2.  Bring to a boil and then simmer until Squash is soft, about 20-30
minutes.

3. Dissolve Miso into soup, simmer a minute more and serve with scallions.