re: jicama

Jennifer,

You do have to peel jicama, although "peeling" really means cutting off
the tough outer skin like you would for a pineapple. Then slice any way
you want. Some people sprinkle spicy stuff on jicama and eat it, like
chile powder, paprika, etc. It's good sliced into any salad, and I was
really surprised the first time I found it in a stir-fry. It keeps its
crunch when stir-fried and is a nice contrast to the other vegetables.

Julie in San Jose