Re:Fat-free Cheese

At 3:19 AM -0800 3/4/99, fatfree-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:00:43 -0500
>From: JQHorowitz <beithoro@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Fat-free Cheese
>
>My vegetarian (but not vegan) family has had to re-think the way we eat
>recently, and this list has been a wonderful sources of new ideas. I've
>enjoyed reading the recipes on this list enormously and thank all of you
>who take the time to actually post them.
>
>I have a question that I'm hoping some of you can help with. My children,
>in particular, are not ready or willing to totally give up cheese, though
>we have greatly reduced the amount we consume. I have seen a number of
>recipes on this list that call for fat-free cheese, but I have a lot of
>trouble finding it in my local supermarkets. I live in a suburb of Boston,
>so it's not a question of being in a remote area. I'm just wondering what
>brands and types of fat-free cheeses are available in other areas. If I
>know brand names, I may be able to ask our local stores to carry them, or
>contact the manufacturers directly.
>
>Thanks for any help you can give us!
>
>Joan Horowitz

Hi,

Sometimes the store brand will have a fat free cheese found with the other
cheeses.  Our store brand is "Spartan".  Also Healthy Choice and Kraft sell
a "low fat" shreaded cheese.  But the kind we like best is Galaxy Foods soy
cheese called Veggie Slices usually found with the vegetables and sometimes
with the tofu.

Best...
Don

Donald E. Stowe (Don)
Retired HS. Chemistry Teacher
Click here to email me ---> mailto:destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my web site at---> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/

Galleries:

Gallery 1998
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/gallery_1998.html

Gallery 1999
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/gallery_1999.html

16 mm prints using "scanning on the cheap":
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/16_mm_pics.html

FAQ:
For Photographic Formulas and FAQ see-->
http://www.geocities.com:80/Yosemite/Rapids/8192/#formulas_faq
------