the infamous durian

i promised that i would would report on the durian when we got back from
vacationing in thailand (the whole durian thread was a few months ago)

it sure does stink!  after hearing so much about this infamous "king of
fruits", we bought a durian from a roadside stall then brought it back to
our hotel, even though you're really not supposed to bring the fruit into
hotels.  the hotel was nice enough to cut it for us then they brought it
to the pool where we had a durian tasting party with about 10 others from
our group.  we liked it even though it did stink.  the fruit is yellow,
the texture is like mashed bananas and it tastes like a mixture of
bananas, pineapple and custard.

while in chiang mai, chris and i decided to go exploring rather than look
at silver.  we walked into a grocery store and i asked if they had
durian.  they said no so i plugged my nose with my fingers so they would
understand what i was talking about (stinky fruit).  then the pharmacist
held up breath freshener!  i was cracking up.