preserving?

Please--help from anyone.
I have a huge amount of basil in my garden that i want to preserve.  Any
ideas?
I am going to make a large batch of tomato-basil sauce based on Ornish's
recipe.  I was planning on freezing it but am toying w/canning.  Ideas?
I was also planning on making basil ice cubes--chopped basil w/lemon juice
and garlic.  But I'm not sure how well that will work.
I really would appreciate suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
Shannon
sjw@xxxxxxxxxxxx