Pancakes

Hi,

I'm new to this list and so happy to find it.  Although  I've been a
vegetarian for 25 years (I'm 44 now), and in reasonably good shape, I was
alarmed to find my cholesterol too high.  I've decided to severely limit my
fat intake and am following an Ornish-type program.

Here are some pancakes I made this morning.  Since I ran out of whole-wheat
flour, I added wheat germ to unbleached white flour.  They came out quite
light and fluffy; even my very picky kids liked them.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                                 Pancakes

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breakfast

   2      cups          unbleached flour
   1      cup           wheat germ
   1      tablespoon    brown sugar -- up to 2 T
   1      tablespoon    Ener-G egg replacer
   1      tablespoon    baking powder
   4      ounces        cinnamon-flavored applesauce
                        rice and/or soymilk

Mix dry ingredients and add applesauce.  Add rice and or soymilk to make
batter desired consistancy.  I cooked these on a non-stick griddle sprayed
once with Pam.  Makes approximately 16-18 small pancakes.

I omitted salt, but it could be added, along with more or less sugar.  Also,
plain applesauce could be used.

KES 091899