re: Móle

For the person who asked for a Mexican móle (mole-lay) sauce, this was
posted in August of 1996 (I've lost the name of the person posting it):

Móle Seitan

2 C seitan, room temperature, thinly sliced
1 medium onion
2 jalapeno peppers, cut in bite size pieces
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce or stewed tomatoes
1 + 3 T vegetable stock
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t allspice
1/4 t cinnamon
1 square (1 oz) unsweetened cooking chocolate
1  8" flour tortilla, cut in small pieces

Saute onion and pepper in 3 T brothfor about 5 minutes, until
onions are transparent and peppers soft. add all ingerdients
except chocolate and tortilla and bring to a simmer, then add
chocolate and tortilla pieces. When chocolate has completely
melted, blend or process until smooth. Return to pan, add
seitan (can substitute cooked vegetables) and heat on low.
Serve with Spanish rice, beans and corn bread or tortillas.

In 1993, there was a long post about mole. Much too long to repost here
and now, but I could send it on request.

---
Neal Pinckney <> Healing Heart Foundation <> Makaha, Hawaii