Mastercook software

I am a  new user of mastercook software and I'm having problems importing fatfree digest recipes using the import command; even recipes that seem to be exported from mastercook don't import most times. What I've been trying is copying and pasting recipes from the digest to a text file and then directing mastercook to that file for import-able recipes. What am I doing wrong? Any solutions? Responding to me directly is fine since this is off-topic.
Thanks!

Kris Smith
ksmith@xxxxxxxxx