Re: Sprouting

"The FDA recommends that seeds for sprouting be soaked for 5 minutes
prior to sprouting in warm water of pH 6-7 with household bleach (%%
sodium hydrochloride solution) at the rate of 1 oz. of bleach to 10
ounces of water."

I used to raise canaries and sprouted seed for them. The amount of
bleach used was something like 1 teaspoon per quart of water.
But then, I was dealing with a tiny creature.
The bleach prevents mold or mildew from growing. It has never hurt he
birds. Just be sure to rinse well. I never tried it for us humans.
Pat from WI.