Portobellos

I have some portobellos waiting in the fridge for me to get my nerve
up. I've seen the recent tips and marinade recipes for these, but how
do you grill them? Can you put them directly on the grill, or do you
need to wrap them in foil first? How long? How hot? How do you tell
when they're done?

I tried searching the archives for info on this subject, but didn't
find what I wanted. I seem to remember there being several messages
about portobellos a month or two ago, but again came up empty from the
archives.

Assume I know nothing. I won't be insulted, and better to get to much
info than not get the one detail I need.

Thanks always.

Jeff Nygren