Quick Pasta And Bean Soup

Hi Everyone!

I have a really good recipe to share.  I tried it last night, and it was
great.  Even though it's not the winter season anymore, this soup still was
so tasty and comforting.  It's very easy to make and doesn't take long at
all.  This soup tastes as if it's been simmering for hours, yet it took me
only an hour to prepare from start to finish.  It comes out of "Vegetarian
Express" by Nava Atlas.  And only 11 percent of the calories come from fat!

QUICK PASTA AND BEAN SOUP

1 cup uncooked ditalini (tiny, tube-shaped pasta)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch or smaller dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 1-pound cans cannellini (great Northern beans)
14-ounce can crushed or pureed tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning blend
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend, or more to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (I used cilantro)
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

1. Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.  Cook the ditalini
until al dente, then drain.

2. In the meantime, heat the oil in a soup pot.  Add the zucchini and
garlic and cook over moderate heat, covered, about 2 minutes.

3. Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta and parsley, along with 3
cups of water.  Turn the heat up and bring the soup to a simmer, then turn
the heat back to moderate and simmer the soup gently but steadily for 10
minutes, covered.

4. When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the soup along with the
parsley.  Adjust the consistency with more water if the soup is too dense.
 Season to taste with salt and pepper, remove the soup from the heat, and
serve.

Variation: Replace one of the cans of canellini with a can of chickpeas.