Gazpacho Salad Recipe for Petra

This came from Vegetarian Times Cookbook.  It is so excellent, easy and
refreshing for a summer meal.  It called for 1 T. of oil originally.  You can
do without any, but I use 1 teaspoon which still makes it an amazingly low
calorie and fat count.

Ruth in the sticky Chicago 'burbs

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                              Gazpacho Salad

Recipe By     : Vegetarian Times Cookbook
Categories    : Healthy And Hearty               Main Dishes
                Salads                           Vegetarian

   1 1/2  cups          canned tomatoes -- drained and chopped
   2      whole         cucumber -- diced
   1      whole         green bell pepper -- sliced very thin
   1      whole         onion -- diced
   2      tablespoons   capers
     1/4  cup           red wine vinegar
   1      tablespoon    olive oil (I use 1 teaspoon, I have also used none -
the calorie and fat content with only 1 teaspoon is soooo low, that I don't
feel bad about it.)
   2      tablespoons   chopped fresh parsley
   2      tablespoons   chopped shallots
     1/8  teaspoon      cumin
   2      whole         cloves garlic -- pressed

In a glass bowl, layer vegetables in the order shown.  In a separate bowl,
combine vinegar, oil, parsley, shallots, cumin and garlic.  Pour over the
vegetables.  Cover and chill at least 2 hours.  Toss before serving.

NOTES : Good with cornbread muffins.